Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Patchwork Project (part 2)

I feel like I must explain a little bit about this project...

I didn't mean to be suspenseful or sneaky when I didn't explain what I had in mind for this new quilt fabric. I was just a tad bit afraid that if I said what it was, then I would have to go through with it. I would be COMMITTED. And what if I just couldn't cut that quilt up? And what if I did cut it up, and I ruined it?
Well, I did go through with it. And I did cut it up...

I started out by making a pattern from the original seat. I traced it onto some fabric with a marker, leaving lots of room for error.
I cut the pattern out, sewed it together, and tested it out. Then I unpicked it, so I could trace it onto the quilt fabric.

And then with much trepidation, I cut into the quilt fabric. And then sewed and sewed and sewed on some bias tape. Ending up with this:

Now... just imagine... a tiny, newborn baby inside. She's coming soon! I can hardly wait.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails