Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Reversible Table Runner with Ruffled Trim

I decided to use some fabric from my stash to make a table runner for our entry table. I've seen a couple of patterns (here and here) that got me motivated enough to make my own. (go here to make the paper bag mushrooms. easy and fun.)
I decided to use fabrics that match the curtains in the living room and kitchen. The curtains in the living room are reversible (i turn them over every six months). The curtains in the kitchen aren't reversible...yet.

One side of the runner is a variety of different strips of fabric that matches both sides of the living room curtains.

And the other side is solid green fabric, like the kitchen.

I wanted to add a ruffle trim because I have been seeing ruffles everywhere. (back in October, when i was making costumes, i found this cool tutorial for sewing ruffles, read down to number 5.)

I really like how it turned out. Now, I think I'd like to make a table runner for the kitchen table. And maybe paint that table in the entry. White. Yeah.. we'll see.


I'm linking here today:

BCD


4 comments:

Krysta said...

This is such a cute blog. You have so many fun ideas. I love your pictures too.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. :) I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Morgan//Nuts and Bows said...

This is so cute! I love the ruffles its so girly and fun!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!
Meet Virginia!

Beansieleigh said...

Love your table runner!.. Very pretty, and inspiring work! ~tina

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Love the fabrics you used...this is really pretty! Would love to have you stop by the Sunday Showcase Party. Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails