Friday, May 7, 2010

Patriotic Ruffle Wreath

A month ago, I came across this tutorial for a ruffled wreath. I thought it looked really cute and wanted to give it a try. I love the ruffles!



A good opportunity came up when I needed a little something for a craft night. The theme: PATRIOTIC. I used blue and white toile fabric that I already had. I wanted to make rosettes for the needed red. So I made three from some fabric strips my mom gave me. They're inspired by this tutorial.




(i've got to say... i'm really loving ruffles. i think i want to try some throw pillows. i may be investing in a ruffle foot for my sewing machine. also, i definitely want to make some more of the rosettes.)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is so cute! I love the colors you used! Thanks for linking back to me

The Johnson's said...

Thanks for making this Rayn. I decided to hang it up now. I did not want to wait for the Fourth of July! I Love IT!

Kendra said...

Ruffle foots (feet?) are worth it! I have one and they make the most beautiful gathers :}

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails